Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 9, 2015

Sleeping Sitting Up

Tonight Conner was having a naughty streak. We were outside in the front yard, Daddy was working on the driveway and I was sitting in a chair on the sidewalk watching Conner. He kept wandering down the sidewalk, so he got warned that if he didn't stay close to me, then he would have to watch from the garage. It didn't take long for him to wander away, and get taken to the garage. The rule of not being able to leave the garage is a common one, except that normally I am sitting in the garage too. Next, Conner kept leaving the garage. He got warned that if he left the garage again, he would have to go inside and play in the playroom. Again, the punishment came quickly. The playroom is completely Conner-safe, so I left him in there and went back outside. We could hear him crying for a while. Once he calmed down, I went to check on him and this is how I found him.

He is truly such a sweet boy, and when I see him sleeping, I am 100% always reminded of that! When I found him asleep is was bedtime, so I was torn what to do - leave him to sleep like that and when he wakes up he'd either go to bed or cry and I would come put him to bed, or wake him up. We ended up letting him sleep for about 30 minutes while we finished up outside, then as Ammon and I stood whispering in the doorway, debating what to do, he woke up. Problem solved! Luckily he still went to bed well!

No comments:

Post a Comment