Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Best Part of My Day

Today I realized what my favorite part of the day is. Bed time. Not because I get to go to sleep, not because Conner goes to bed and I have time to myself (which I spend sleeping!). Bed time is my favorite part of the day because I get to spend it snuggling with my son.

Earlier today I was reading how important having a naptime and bedtime routine is. How you should lay your baby down in the crib when he's sleepy, but not asleep. This way, when your baby wakes up in the middle of the night, he can easily go back to sleep because he's use to being in his crib when he's awake but ready to fall asleep. It makes since. I believe it truly would help. But I love snuggling with Conner at bedtime. After reading the article I kind of felt like I was doing bedtime wrong (Conner doesn't really have scheduled naps yet, so no naptime routine).

Tonight I started getting everything ready for Conner to go to bed. Conner was crying, which doesn't bother me right before bed. It means he's awake and I feel it's good for him to be awake for a while before bed time. I typically try to keep him happy and awake, but by the time 9-9:30 rolls around, he just cries. When he can't be pacified, that is my cue that he's ready for bed. I turned off all the lights except the bathroom light which I use as a night light. And as I started changing him into his pajamas Conner stopped crying. That is when I realized for the first time that I DO have a bedtime routine, and Conner knows it too. I changed his diaper, put him in his jammies, and then fed him. At night I feed him until he falls asleep. Then we cuddle. His sweet head lays on my chest. I can't stop myself from kissing his sweet head multiple times and whispering to him how much I love him.

Some nights we'll cuddle for an hour or more before I swaddle him up and put him in his crib. He's very much asleep when I put him in his crib. Maybe that means when he wakes up in the night, he can't fall back to sleep without me, but for right now, for a 7 week old baby, I'm okay with that. I love my snuggle time! So for now, snuggling is our bedtime routine. And that makes me a happy momma!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you:) at some point I think learning to put him self is an important but for now enjoy the cuddle time
    Jen B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post Allison. Such tender moments with Conner. What great memories you are making with your darling son!

    ReplyDelete