Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 7, 2014

Beautiful Flowers

Last night was a rough one for Conner and I. Many tears were shed by both of us. From what I've heard from others, pretty much everyone has a night like this at some point. It's just part of parenthood. But knowing this does NOT make it any easier! I feel bad that I don't understand what is wrong with my little guy, and he's frustrated that he's not getting what he "needs." I say "needs" because he was fed and had a clean diaper, so he didn't really need anything. It's hard to have such a communication barrier!

This morning when I woke up, I found a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a very sweet note from Ammon and Conner telling me what a great wife and mom I am. It was exactly what I needed to hear. What an amazing husband (and son:) I have! I love them both so much!

I tried to get pictures of the bouquet of flowers but the nice camera wouldn't let me and I couldn't find the other one. Maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Dang it I just posted a nice long response and lost it!

    Well just wanted to say you DO have an awesome husband and that was so sweet of him.

    Being a new mom is so hard! I think the reason some moms don't talk about it is that looking back, it really does go fast and you almost forget. Almost. But when you are in the middle of it, it feels like it is never going to end! And NOTHING can prepare you for the sleep deprivation and for the frustration of not knowing what your baby wants.

    Hang in there! Can't wait to see you and Conner next month and to give you a break. You and Ammon can go out and you can sleep sleep sleep all night long - that's the best remedy for how you are feeling, I think. :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the one part of having a baby that I didn't like either...not knowing what they wanted. Once you girls could talk and tell me what was wrong it sure helped.

    ReplyDelete