Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 15, 2013

Ammon's {28th} Birthday

Ammon had a great day celebrating! At work, people typically take in a food item of some sort to share with everyone on their birthdays. Most of the time it ends up being some kind of treat, which Ammon has noticed don't normally get eaten very well. So he decided he wanted to take something in that was on more of the "healthy" side of the spectrum. So we made yogurt parfaits for him to take to work! They had the choice of peach, strawberry or vanilla yogurt with layers of berries in each. We also had little cups of granola for them to put on top. He said they were deemed the best birthday treat ever brought into the office. That made me feel pretty good since I did all the "behind-the-scene" work on them!

In my family, the tradition is that my mom would make a paper banner that says happy birthday and is decorated all cute for each person's birthday; complete with balloons. Well, earlier this year I made a Happy Birthday banner out of felt that will serve as our birthday banner for...well...ever, I guess. And of course I bought him birthday balloons!

For dinner Ammon wanted Twice-Baked Potatoes as an appetizer. For the main dish he wanted a nice salad with grilled chicken on it. Roasted vegetables and his favorite fruit salad were the sides of his choice. I also made our first batch of pomegranate jello to go with it. It was quite the feast!

For desert Ammon choose my homemade ice cream cake. It wasn't a hard choice for him since it's his favorite cake that I make! Lol!

He received many wonderful presents! Lots of tools, a laser pointer, camping gear and a gift card that I'm sure will be spent on more camping gear! He was certainly spoiled by all of his family!

1 comment:

  1. So glad Ammon had a nice birthday. If I worked in Ammon's department, the yogurt parfait would have been a big hit with me too! What a great idea. The twice baked potatoes looked really good!

    I had forgotten about your Happy Birthday felt banner. What did you end up using to separate the letters? When I was there we looked hard for clear straws.

    We have made two batches of Pomegranate jello this season. Dad loves it the most and is so glad you told him about it.

    ReplyDelete