Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

San Diego Scene 5

Saturday, February 18
Today's SD Scene adventure started off with lunch in Ocean Beach. We went to a local burger shop that is supposedly ranked in the top 5 hamburger shops in SD. It was really good, we liked it! The atmosphere was fun, the walls were covered in license plates from all over the US, actually, there was a small handful from other countries as well. After we ate lunch, we walked out the Ocean Beach Pier. We had a lot of fun on the pier! It was a GREAT spot to watch surfers. We surfer-watched for quite a while, it was fun! There were also a lot of fishers on the pier. After the pier, we went a few blocks away to Sunset Cliffs. They were definitely beautiful!


After that we went to the SD Zoo Safari Park. We had a lot of fun there! We liked it TONS more than we thought we would! We really liked how open everything was, they tried to make everything feel natural. All the fences were made out of wood logs, birds just waddling around the pond, etc. Another thing that was a favorite was the remote control boats. Ammon bought me one turn (like 3 minutes), I tried to hand him the token so that he could put it in the machine and start off with it, but he said no, he bought it for me. So I put in the token, and before I could even touch the steering wheel, Ammon was showing me how it worked (as if I couldn't figure it out on my own - it was very basic!). It was very cute how much fun he had with the boat, watching him concentrate and play. After a while he gave me a turn, but it shut off a few seconds later. He promised me that next time we'll both get our own boats :)

2 comments:

  1. You two do the funnest things! I love hearing about your weekend adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to go with you guys!

    ReplyDelete