Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crafts

I've been doing some fun crafts lately. The first one I started was a menu board. I saw the idea online and really liked it. At the time, I normally planned the weeks meals out, but just wrote them on a plain old index card and put it on the fridge. This is much cuter! At the top, it says MENU in green sparkly letters. There are meal cards, which I chose to color code (yellow = chicken, pink = ground meat, red = fish, etc). Each card has a main dish, a side and a vegetable on it. The yellow box holds the meal cards that we haven't eaten yet. Then they get moved to the clips when they're on the weeks menu. After we've had it, the meal card gets put into the pink box. Keep going till you've used all the meal cards, then start over again! On the back of each meal card is a list of all the ingredients I need to make the meal, it helps when I'm making my shopping list.

From 2012-02-23 Alli Crafts

The other craft I made started at a Relief Society activity. They taught us to make these hot pads that have the "rag" style of sewing on them. They told us to just let the edges have the "rag" look as well, but I really didn't like them. So I bought the boarder tape stuff and sewed that on. It was my first time ever using boarder tape stuff; it's harder than it looks! My stitch lines are FAR from straight! With practice I'll get better :)


From 2012-02-23 Alli Crafts

1 comment:

  1. Darling crafts Allison! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete