Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hatching Chicks

In my 5th grade class we hatched baby chicks a couple of weeks ago. In science we learned about life cycles. The week the we were hatching the chicks we had a discussion about what we had learned. Through the discussion we came up with a script that they used to teach the younger grades about life cycles. I recorded the presentations that we made and took lots of pictures! It was a wonderful experience for my students! The students split into groups of about 10, but each group gave the same presentation.

This fits perfectly into the 5th grade curriculum because they have to know about life cycles, AND they have to be comfortable talking by them selves in front of a group of people.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh they are SO CUTE!!!! I want one. :-) How long did they take to hatch? Are you going to do this at home with your kids someday? I imagine this is the best part of their year! What an exciting day, did they all hatch at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience for your students, Allison! Great job!

    ReplyDelete