Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Isaac's 5th Birthday Party

Today I threw Isaac a 5th birthday party for his school friends! 
Before I had kids, I loved throwing themed parties. I haven't done one in a very long time, so I was nervous. I LOVED planning it all and the party itself went fantastic. I'd say it was a success and I would definitely do another themed birthday party!
A few weeks ago I asked Isaac what theme he wanted at his birthday party, and I wasn't surprised when he said, "Peter Pan!" I have been planning for weeks and it went amazing! We had so much fun!
 
Each child had a party bag decorated like a treasure map. They got to put all our activities into their party bag.
 
As friends arrived, they got to choose what color of glitter to add to their Pixie Dust Playdough and then play with it!

 
After Peter Pan gave Wendy, Michael and John pixie dust, they could fly! We flew parachute men off of our balcony.

As they flew into Neverland, Tinkerbell told the Lost Boys that Wendy Bird is coming and Peter Pan said to shoot her down! So we used sling shots and pom poms to shoot Wendy.
 
The Crocodile likes to try to eat Captain Hook. We played musical chairs, where the floor is the water, and when the music turns off, Croc is going to bite whoever is left in the water. 

Tinkerbell shows Captain Hook where the Lost Boys Hideout is....and X marks the spot! We played pin the X on the treasure map.

Our last game was walking the plank! Whoever could walk the plank (all the kids) got a Peter Pan hat of their own!

Isaac opened presents. It was so cute watching the kids be so excited for Isaac to open their gift!

The kids went outside to play in the backyard while I got the birthday cake all ready. Then we sang to Isaac and got to eat it! The top tier is a treasure map cake. The cupcakes are all "Gold Doubloon" cupcakes.


Each of the kids got to take their party bag home full of their Pixie Dust playdough, parachute man, slingshot and a pompom, Peter Pan hat and some gold doubloons. We had a blast! I can't wait to throw another themed birthday party!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun birthday party for Isaac and his guests! You get an A+ Mom!

    ReplyDelete