Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July 2019

July 4, 2019
We love the 4th of July! We'll be the first to admit, it's too hot to be outside, but we suck it up and have a fun time! Our city does a big party at our main park, inflatables, corn hole, yard games, live music, food trucks and end the night with fireworks. It's so much fun!














July 5, 2019
We really wanted to go to the beach this summer, and today was the day! With Emma being so little, we didn't want to stay over night, so we just did a day trip. Which is totally doable for us, we only live 2.5 hours from the Gulf. I didn't want to get my phone sandy or wet, so I pulled it out for 5 minutes, took pictures of what everyone was doing, and called it good! We had a super fun day! This beach is great for kids because it stays adult-waist deep for a very, very long time! Also, there is a play ground and a splash pad too!





July 6, 2019
I've started calling Emma "Little Miss Sunshine" because her smile is so cute that it brightens up anyone's day!



July 9, 2019
In case you need more proof...


Conner asked if he could get a picture with Emma

July 10, 2019
My kids all like to taught Daddy saying, "Na, na, boo, boo, you can't get me!" But of course Caleb's two year old voice is the cutest!
In this video Caleb starts off saying "Get me, Get me, Get me!"


In this one he keeps telling Daddy to "Get Isaac! Get Isaac!"

And one more picture because she's so cute!

July 14, 2019
Conner got this puzzle for his birthday. He has put it together up many, many times, but this time he wanted to show it to Grandpa and Grandma Eggett!
 


She really is such a happy little girl!

July 15, 2019
The boys love to dance!

July 18, 2019
For 3 years I watched a little girl in my home. She became a part of our family. We love her and looked forward to playing with her. When I went on maternity leave with Emma, I was planning on watching her again afterwards. But as the time approached, I wasn't feeling ready. I decided to just do 2 days a week. Unfortunately, her mom needed full time care so they found a daycare/preschool for her to attend. The kids really miss playing with her. We met up tonight at The Jumpy Place to let the kids play! It was so much fun to see her (and her mom)! Isaac said he didn't want to take a picture, so he wouldn't look at me. Kids.


July 21, 2019

We had a pirate and Spiderman come to our house today!

Caleb is our first kid who loves to lay on the floor to watch tv.

July 24, 2019
Headed to Grandpa and Grandma Eggett's house! Our flight was super early in the morning. It was suppose to leave at 6am, but left 2 hours late.


We decided to spend the day in Salt Lake City. We wanted the kids to see Temple Square and then we also wanted to go to This Is The Place Heritage Park since it's Pioneer Day.



Because we had been up for so long, all the kids fell asleep on the bus to This Is The Place Heritage Park! Conner kept telling us he wasn't tired. He got defensive when we said he looked tired. And within a minute, he was sound asleep!







This park was so much fun! We did panning for gold, petting zoo, sitting on horses, a train ride, a different train ride, splash pad, leather imprints.
We will definitely have to come back next time we are in town. We wanted to explore more but we ran out of time!

Somehow I didn't get a picture of Conner's "shoe". The day before I went to get his tennis shoes and notices 1 pair had a big ol' hole in it and the other pair drives me nuts because they won't stay velcroed shut. So I went out to our shed and got the next size up shoes for him (keep in mind that these are hand me down shoes). While waiting for the bus in SLC we discovered that Conner's shoe was falling apart. Upon closer inspection, the rubber sole was completely gone! When we got to This Is The Place, I was able to wrap what was left of his shoe with a bag and then using packaging tape, tape it up/on. This was the best we could do until we got to Grandpa and Grandma's house. It was a funny and memorable experience!

 July 25, 2019
With three new babies, it's time for family pictures! Not to mention, we haven't done them in 5 years! Conner was 2 months old last time we did Eggett Family pictures!




I can't pick just one of these pictures, I love all 3!



The photographer did a spot-on job capturing my boys! And yes, you have to see the whole progression to understand Caleb's personality. Notice we never did get a normal smiling one...


 





We ended up using this one

July 26, 2019
While in Utah, we visited Ammon's Grandpa and Grandma Fisher



July 27, 2019
Daddy took Conner and Isaac on a hike today. They had a lot of fun. They now think that every hike ends with ice cream.


  What handsome boys I have!!



July 29, 2019
My dad grew up at this cabin. I believe it was built when he was about 5 years old. They would live at the cabin during the summers because their house didn't have AC. I have a ton of memories from the cabin, mostly my teenage years. But this could quite possibly be my last time coming to this cabin. My dad and his sister, who co-own the cabin, are trying to sale it. So we spent 2 nights here at the cabin so we could have one last hurrah!




Conner liked the 4-wheeler the best of the three boys. So he got to go out on it more with Daddy!


Where the cool kids hang out...

Caleb didn't get a nap today and he literally fell asleep while we were out on a ride. I had to hold his head with one hand and drive with the other!




Momma's Mad Skills! When I was 5 years old, Elise and I wanted a Nintendo. So, with help from our parents, we did a phone book route to earn money to buy it. I haven't played it in YEARS, but it's like riding a bike...

July 30, 2019
Stewart Falls. Oh. My. Goodness. I haven't done this hike since before we had kids. I remember it being like a 30-45 minute hike in, pretty easy hike. I was so excited to do it with our kids! It took a lot longer than I remembered. A. Lot. Longer. On the way out, Caleb needed to be held most of the way; he even fell asleep on my back. Emma was super unhappy. She doesn't like the Ergo Baby carrier. Conner did great. Isaac was tired, but other than a little complaining, he did good too. We ran out of water on our way out. I highly recommend you don't take kids younger than 4, unless they're experienced hikers.




July 31, 2019
We visited the grave of our twin sons who passed away 6 years ago.

Then headed to the airport to go to the next part of our trip, Michigan. The boys did a really good job on the flight.

Unfortunately we had a layover. It was in Dallas/Fort Worth. We boarded our second flight and then had to de-plane because of mechanical problems. They sent us to the opposite end of the airport to a different plane. When we got there, we found out this plane had a broken AC and our flight was too long to go in a plane with no AC. So they sent us back across the airport, near where we had started. Now we had a working plane, but no flight crew (I guess they didn't have enough hours left to fly at this point). People were angry. We were just exhausted, it was late at night, our kids were tired and we still didn't know if we were going to be stuck in Dallas for the night. One lady told me she was sorry we were going through this with 4 kids. At this point Emma was screaming because she was so tired and couldn't fall asleep. I saw this same lady go up to the ticket counter, obviously upset. At one point she even pointed at me. I think she was telling them that they better do something for me because this was ridiculous! A few minutes later they brought a cart full of snacks and drinks for all of the passengers. They happened to put it right by where we were sitting, so I was able to get food pretty fast. The lady from before came up to me and asked if she could get me some snacks and drinks for all of my family. It was so sweet of her to be looking out for me.


We have come to the conclusion that going places with kids is called a trip. A vacation is when you go without kids. That being said, we had such a fun trip in Utah and were looking forward to our trip to Michigan!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet lady that looked out for you at the airport! Bless her sweet soul! It was wonderful to have your family here in July!

    ReplyDelete