Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Christmas Stockings

I started thinking about how quickly Christmas was going to sneak up on me this year. Yup, it's already started! Where did October go? I realized Conner didn't have a stocking, and since I love creating things, including sewing projects, I decided to make Conner a stocking. Then I decided maybe I should make a few stockings for future kids so that they all look the same. On the blog where I found the pattern I used, they suggested making a few extra in case of holiday guests, such as grandparents. So I decided to make a few more! I ended up making 8 stockings! There were just so many cute Christmas fabrics! Here they are! I love how they turned out!









Here's the link to the pattern that I used. It's really simple, although there were a few steps I had to read a couple of times to understand what she meant. I'd really recommend this pattern. The stockings are a perfect size! The only things I did differently is that I added a very thin batting to the front, back and cuff pieces to make them a little fluffy. I like the look of fluffy stockings better than completely flat ones. But that's just my preference!
http://so-sew-easy.com/christmas-stockings-tutorial/

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you...those are adorable! Dad wants to use the ho ho ho one and I want to use the one with the string of lights sometime when we are there for Christmas! I think on Christmas eve you should put them in front of Conner and see which one he grabs for first so he can choose the one he wants to use this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete