Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

San Diego Scene 7

We have often driven by Torrey Pines. The area where Torrey Pines turns into Del Mar is one of our favorite beaches to take a walk on because of its beautiful cliffs. But today we decided to do some hiking in Torrey Pines. As we drove in, around 10am, we noticed the most beautiful boogie boarding waves we have ever seen! We wished we had our swimming suits and board with us and we would have ran out to them! But since we didn't, we just decided that we need to check out the websites telling you about the size of waves before we go out boogie boarding next. Hopefully that will help us pick the ideal beach for that day and time that we're going out!

Anyways, we took a hike through Torrey Pines. Although there was slight ups and downs, it was a fairly level hike. But because we're in the middle of a heat wave (we're in the 90's!) it was more than a leisurely stroll; plus, I tried to keep our pace up so that it was a little more difficult :)

When we first started hiking I kept telling Ammon, "This is just so beautiful! The colors! Look at the red rock and the blue-blue ocean! Wow!" Ammon didn't have as much enthusiasm as I did for the beauty of it all. I couldn't figure out why he wasn't taking more picutres and "ooo-awww"ing like I was. Then, I took off my sunglasses and realized my sunglasses must have some kind of tint in them. It was still all beautiful, the colors just weren't as vividly beautiful. I laughed and told Ammon how my sunglasses were making it more beautiful.

Kimberly, the last picture is for you!

3 comments:

  1. I believe that is where we went to watch the parasailers when we were there in April! Sounds like a fun day! Loretta/mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we actually were farther south in La Jolla :) There aren't any paragliders in the Del Mar / Torrey Pines area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday when the kids are bigger and we have more courage to explore, I'm going to come back to these posts for ideas! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

    ReplyDelete